Welcome back to my blog.
Although I’ve been a little less active here recently, I couldn’t let this milestone pass without blogging about it.
ONE YEAR!!! And I’m still here! Enjoying start-up life a lot! Proud and amazed by the progress that can be made if you have the right people and the right focus!
Thanks a lot for all the messages on Linkedin to congratulate me with this milestone. If I haven’t replied to you personally, please accept my gratitude from me here and now : THANK YOU!
So for those of you that have missed some of the newsletters, news updates on the website or social media posts, these are the highlights of our first year:
- The team grew from my dad and myself to seven people (and more will follow soon!)
- We have settled down on the High Tech Campus with our friends of MedTech Start-Up Usono. In addition to this we have a satellite office next to the Maxima Medical Center in the Health Innovation Campus. (You can see a picture of the HIC above)
- We have signed up 11 Dutch hospitals. They want to participate in clinical trials and buy the Bambi-Belt once it is on the market.
- We have raised over half a million euro’s of seed funding by issuing a convertible note.
- We are working together with two renowned development partners, DEMCON and Holst Centre, to develop our Bambi-Belt Monitoring System.
- We have received a lot of media attention! In total we have been mentioned in 12 news articles, have had two television appearances (one of them reached more than 1.5 million Dutch viewers!) and three radio appearances.
- We were finalist of the Accenture Innovation Awards and were runner-up in the Innovation Award of the Dutch Association of Hospitals.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your ongoing support! As I have written before, it has been lonely sometimes, especially in the beginning. All your messages via Linkedin, Facebook, email, whatsapp, etc. have really given me a warm feeling of still being connected to a lot of my friends and former colleagues!
Luckily the feeling of loneliness is now a lot less having a great team around me!
Looking forward I expect the next year will be as exciting as the previous one, so hope you will continue to support us where you can.
All the best!
p.s. If you have some time left, have a look at the last 12 months in pictures! If you think pictures are missing from this slideshow, send them to me and I will add them!